Woodham Walter C of E (V/C) Primary School is a small village school set in beautiful surroundings in East Essex. We work in partnership with the local community and have close ties with St Michaels Church. The school has excellent facilities, including a large modern hall; a purpose built Foundation/Y1 classroom and a library. It is a forward thinking school with access to laptops and up-to-date technology in all of the classrooms.
'Woodham Walter is a good school because there is a strong, distinctively Christian ethos which is effectively shared amongst the whole community. Relationships in school are very good and this means that children are flourishing in a caring environment.' - Church Inspection Jan 2012
We believe each child should be supported to reach their full potential. Within our exciting theme-based curriculum great attention is given to the development of numeracy and literacy skills and knowledge. Lessons are designed to provide challenge for children of all abilities. 'The curriculum is outstanding and the quality of care, guidance and support is excellent'. Ofsted November 2011
Read our latest OFSTED report
or visit the OFSTED Website
Go to OFSTED Parent View to read and give feedback about our school.
Please read our latest SIAMS Report SIAMS REPORT 2017
In our school children are nurtured and encouraged to strive for ‘Excellence for Everyone’.
It is our vision that our Church of England school shall work with parents, carers, the church and local community to provide each pupil with the opportunity to fulfil his or her maximum potential in academic, social, physical and spiritual areas of life. We recognise and value the individuality of each and every pupil and are committed to giving all our children equal opportunities to achieve the highest standards. Our children are always the focus of our vision
In order for children to succeed, the school, in partnership with parents and the community, will:
- create a happy, safe and caring learning environment which will encourage our children to develop a positive and responsible attitude to both work and behaviour
- strive for high quality teaching and learning through which each child can develop a life-long love of learning and achieve their full potential
- foster and reflect on Christian values throughout school and home life and encourage co-operation, helpfulness and kindness at work and play
- offer a challenging, stimulating, well planned and broad curriculum, firmly based upon high standards of literacy and numeracy which is supported by a range of strategies and styles that prepare children fully for their role in society
- provide pupils with opportunities to experience, understand and celebrate diversity
- encourage, monitor and support each child’s progress in accordance with his/her individual needs and abilities
- develop positive links between home, school, governors, church and the wider community in order to support the children’s learning.
Our core vision is to inspire and motivate all our children so that they have a wonderful desire to learn and grow as individuals and as a community.
Our vision is that through our promotion of Christian values, and as school members we will be:
- Relationship builders
- Risk takers
Our school, in partnership with parents and the community, will foster and reflect on Christian values and will strive to love one another through:
- Compassion (expressed as kindness)
- Endurance (expressed through being positive)
- Justice (expressed as fairness)
Please find a link to access our school prospectus. 2016 Prospectus
The prospectus includes the following:
- Vision and Aims of the School
- Admission Arrangements
- The School Day
- Our Exciting Curriculum
- Links with the Local Community