You will have seen that the outside playground was improved over the holidays. This was funded by the PTA and further improvements will follow. We are very grateful for all the fundraising which enhances our children’s school experience.
Easy Fundraising/ Easy Search
Log onto easyfundraising.org.uk and find ‘Woodham Walter School’
- If you load 'Easy Search' as your preferred search engine, then any google style search you do will raise funds for the school.
- If you load 'Find & Remind', then every time you start shopping on a website that is involved in this donation scheme you will be reminded!
Many of us shop regularly online. This will not cost you any more, and will not lose you collector points. It earns money for the school on every purchase you make: even ebay, amazon, M&S, Tesco, Sainsburys - the list goes on.
About the PTA
Woodham Walter Primary School PTA is a registered charity made up of parents and staff from the school.
As parents, you automatically become members of the PTA when your children start school.
The committee itself is a small group of enterprising, hardworking people who are always looking for new members and lots of good ideas.
All parents and members of the school community are encouraged to be involved even if they can only give a small amount of time.
The money that we receive from our various fund raising and social events is put back into the school so that it will benefit all our children during their time at Woodham Walter.
Simon Gray - Chair
The Annual General Meeting was held in September, as usual, and all the above people were appointed newly into their roles. At which point we all hit the ground running.
Other than the AGM we usually hold a couple of meetings per term that we encourage any parents or staff to attend. We are always eager to hear any ideas you may have for raising funds!
There is of course no obligation to join the committee, but it provides an excellent opportunity to gain an insight into the activities that the PTA organises and to support the school.
The PTA at Woodham Walter organises various events throughout the year culminating in the Summer Fete in July.
As a result of our many annual events we have been very successful in raising money to pay for those extras that the school budget cannot stretch to.
In the last few years we have been lucky enough to provide the school with:
- Funds for lap tops
- Books for the library
- Musical instruments
- New outdoor play equipment
- Bright new signs for the playground
- Outdoor seating and a Gazebo, which enables the whole school to enjoy their lunches in the fresh air
- Football Kit
- Wet weather games
- Transport for school trips
- Transport for swimming Lessons
- £500 to every Class for Reading areas
- Contributions to after school clubs
- A visiting theatre company to put on a Christmas Pantomime in the hall for all the children
- Father Christmas to come to the school and give each child a present
Our PTA is much, much more than a fund raising organisation. It also exists to provide closer links between home and school.
The PTA is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school. Most importantly, it can be great fun too!
If you would like to get in touch with the PTA you can email us at email@example.com